If My Parents Die Without a Will, Can My Siblings and I Use a Quitclaim to Give the House to One?

A quitclaim deed is the appropriate instrument to transfer property, but since the owner of the property (your parents) are deceased, the owner cannot sign the deed transferring title — a requirement of a Quitclaim Deed. You and your brothers and sisters most likely need to open a probate estate with the county court where … Read more