What Documents Seller-Finance a Mobile Home Property Sale?

Most states treat a mobile home as personal property, not real estate. The land must be treated separately from the mobile home itself.

Given that, to sell a mobile home using seller-financing, two different documents must be prepared to handle the two sides of such a transaction: a Personal Property Lease for the mobile home, and a Land Contract for the ground on which it sits.

Read more