How Can I Complete Transfer if Property Was Granted to Me in Divorce But My Spouse Won’t Sign the Quitclaim Deed?

If a party is refusing to execute a Deed to transfer property pursuant to a court order to do so, then the party to whom the property is to be transferred has the right or option to seek the court’s assistance in compelling such transfer.

The court has the ability to hold a party in contempt if that party is not complying with the court’s order – that contempt could be a fine, jail time, or a threat of a fine or jail time, or other sanctions that the court deems appropriate.

If a Divorce was filed and granted, the divorce court would be the appropriate court to seek full compliance with the court’s order regarding the property.

To quickly and easily create a Quitclaim Deed, see Standard Legal’s Quitclaim, Warranty and Survivorship Deeds legal forms software.