How Do I Add My Name to my Parent’s Deed?

As parents get older, many times a child of those parents will want to add his or her name to the Deed of the parent’s property.

Many people use a Warranty Deeds with a Survivorship clause to transfer property to themselves and the parents.

Using a Warranty Deed with a Survivorship (rather that a quitclaim deed with survivorship language) provides greater assurance that the transfer of title is effective and without encumbrances upon the death of both parents.

As such, Standard Legal recommends using a Warranty Deed with Survivorship to transfer property from parent(s) to both the parent(s)
and a child.