If I Resold my Land Contract Home to Another Person Using a Second Land Contract, What Document Should I Use to Remove Myself from the Middle?

If a land contract is no longer in effect (i.e., assuming that the ORIGINAL Land Contract has been fulfilled and both parties to that original contract are in agreement on this issue), you may wish to prepare and file a termination statement with the State.

Standard Legal does not offer such a form, as it is a simple letter statement signed by both parties (with signatures notarized) indicating that the original land contract is terminated and of no further force and effect.

The statement should also contain sufficient information to identify the land contract, the property location, and the filing information of the agreement.