May I Restore My Maiden Name Using a Separation Agreement?

No, you cannot restore the legal use of your maiden name through a Separation Agreement, which is merely a contract between two persons.

To change your name in a legal sense, you must petition the court.

To return to the legal use of your maiden name, you must either:

– file for Divorce and petition the court to restore your name through that proceeding; or

– you may petition the court using the types of “name change” legal documents detailed at a site like American Legal Review.

Get complete details on Standard Legal’s Separation Agreement or No-Fault Divorce without Children legal forms software.