Can I Quitclaim My House to a New Corporation and Name My Minor Children Shareholders?

Minor children can take title to real estate via Quitclaim and can be named as shareholders in a corporation.

But there are issues and limitations surrounding the future capabilities of each of these actions.

In many states, minor children do not have the legal capacity to enter into contracts or transactions even if they are parties to real estate ownership or shareholders in a corporation.

So any contracts or transactions, if entered into by these minor children as owners of these entities, may be void or voidable.

For advice specific to any personal legal questions, Standard Legal always recommends you consult a qualified, licensed attorney; you can find a local attorney for FREE here.

See here for affordable do-it-yourself legal forms software for Quitclaim Deeds and Incorporation.