Who Can Be the Statutory Agent for My New Corporation?

In a large number of states, an individual who is an initial Director of the Corporation also can serve as the Statutory Agent for the corporation.

This election would be made on the Articles of Incorporation.

If you intend to create the Corporation, file for incorporation, and then act as an initial Director for the Corporation, you can list your name and address on the Articles of Incorporation and be in compliance with the Statutory Agent requirements for many states.

For information about any particular state requirements, reference the state information documents contained within Standard Legal’s Incorpation title.

Standard Legal Network does not provide agent service for any state, but there are entities that do provide such services for a small fee if required. Simply do a web search for “Incorporation Statutory Agent [State]”.