How Do My Spouse and I Transfer Our Home to Just One of Us if We are Considering Divorce?

Typically, a divorcing couple filing for No-Fault Divorce has two options in regard to jointly held real estate:

– one spouse can transfer the deed solely to the other spouse prior to any divorce action being filed; or

– the spouses can transfer the property as a part of the divorce proceeding with the court.

For details on how such a transfer is managed before a Divorce proceeding is started, see Standard Legal’s Quitclaim Deeds legal forms software title.

For details on how to transfer the deed as a part of the No Fault Divorce proceeding, see Standard Legal’s No-Fault Divorce legal forms software page.