If I Take Power of Attorney for a Friend with Huge Medical Bills, Might I Be Responsible for Payment?

When someone designates another with Power of Attorney, the designate agrees to manage that person’s affairs on his or her behalf. So long as all business is transacted in that person’s name in a legal manner — the ‘legal manner’ being an important element — the designate cannot be made liable for the debts of … Read more